Friday, July 10, 2020

No Other


“He is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and He in whom I take refuge…” (Psalm 144:2 ESV).

Lord, I confess that I often forget that You are my steadfast love.
No human can give the kind of love I want and need.
No one else is always available.
No one else knows my thoughts before I think them
And my words before I speak them.
No one else always has my best interests at heart.
No one else is perfectly wise in heart and mighty in strength.
No one else can work all things for my eternal good.
No one else collects all my tears in a bottle
And knows the reason for each one.
No one else always cares for my soul.
No one else sticks closer than a brother.
No one else fulfills every promise.
No one else speaks words of comfort to my soul
And gives me songs in the night.
No one else has engraved me on the palms of his hands.
No one else can guide me with perfect wisdom.
No one else is my rock and my salvation.
No one else will carry my close to his heart
            And gently lead me to green pastures and still waters.
Lord, forgive me for expecting people to be and do what only You can.
“Know therefore today, and lay it to your heart, that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other” (Deuteronomy 4:39).


© 2020 Dawn Rutan. Unless otherwise indicated all images are copyright free from pixabay.com. The opinions stated do not necessarily reflect the views of my church or employer.