Sunday, April 26, 2020

Continual Praise


The following is something I wrote in my prayer journal this week after reading and being convicted by Psalm 34:1:
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”
When things are going smoothly and I feel blessed,
I will give You praise.
When trouble comes and I need Your helping hand,
I will give You praise.
When days are full of sorrow and pain,
I will give You praise.
When I am lonely and depressed,
I will give You praise.
When loved ones suffer and die,
I will give You praise.
When uncertain times make me anxious,
I will give You praise.
When I don’t know where to turn,
I will give You praise.
When I know I’ve sinned and need Your forgiveness,
I will give You praise.
When weeping endures for the night but joy comes in the morning,
I will give You praise.
For You are the Creator, Redeemed, Healer, Comforter, Savior,
Friend of sinners, Provider, Guide, Counselor, Lord, and soon-coming King.


© 2020 Dawn Rutan. Unless otherwise indicated all images are copyright free from pixabay.com. The opinions stated do not necessarily reflect the views of my church or employer.