Wednesday, August 5, 2015

ABCs of Praise

The following is an experiment in finding Scriptural reasons for praise through the alphabet and came up with two sets, of which I’ll just share one. I challenge you to come up with your own list. All Scriptures are ESV unless otherwise marked.

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people, from this time forth and forevermore. –Psalm 125:2

Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. –Psalm 121:4

Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. –Matthew 11:28

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. –Psalm 37:4

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. –James 1:17

For the Lord your God is a merciful God. He will not leave you or destroy you… –Deuteronomy 4:31

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. –1 Thessalonians 5:18

He sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety. –Job 5:11

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. –John 14:18

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. –Hebrews 13:8

Know that the Lord, He is God! It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. –Psalm 100:3

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. –1 Corinthians 13:7

Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty! –Psalm 93:4

Never since the world began has it been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a man born blind. –John 9:32

O my Strength, I will sing praises to You, for You, O God, are my fortress, the God who shows me steadfast love. –Psalm 59:17

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise Him in the heights! –Psalm 148:1

Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him… For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found. –Luke 15:22, 24 NIV

Remember the wondrous works that He has done, His miracles and the judgments He uttered. –1 Chronicles 16:12

Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb! –Revelation 7:10

This is my comfort in affliction, that Your promise gives me life. –Psalm 119:50

Uphold me according to Your promise, that I may live, and let me not be put to shame in my hope! –Psalm 119:116

Victory belongs to the Lord. –Proverbs 21:31

Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour. –Matthew 25:13

EXALT the Lord our God; worship at His footstool! Holy is He! –Psalm 99:5

You are the Lord, You alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is in them; and You preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships You. –Nehemiah 9:6

Zion shall be redeemed by justice, and those in her who repent, by righteousness. –Isaiah 1:27