Sunday, March 15, 2015

In Your Eyes

You saw me there, far from home,
Feeding pigs that weren’t my own.
You saw me there, beside the well,
You knew the secrets I would not tell.

You saw me there, among the graves,
Screaming and fighting in my rage.
You saw me there, beneath the tree,
And called me then to follow Thee.

You saw me there, within the crowd,
Years of suffering my back had bowed.
You saw me there, though I could not see,
Until You reached out and touched me.

You saw me there, as demons screamed,
You delivered me, my soul redeemed.
You saw me there, washing Your feet,
Though Pharisees called me indiscreet.

You saw me there, clothed in my shame,
They only wanted one to blame.
You saw me there, my son had died,
You said, “Don’t weep; child arise.”

You saw me there, I could not hear,
You sighed and gently touched my ears.
You saw me there, where I knelt,
“Daughter, your faith has made you well.”

You see me here, within the dark,
You formed my body, You know my heart.
You knew my thoughts and every word,
Long before my voice was heard.

You know my joys, You see my tears,
You keep repeating, “Do not fear.”
I thank You, Lord, for seeing me,
And making me who You’d have me be.

I am the Good Shepherd. I know My own, and My own know Me... My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish and no one will snatch them out of My hand.” -John 10:14, 27-28


See also Luke 15, John 4, Mark 5, John 1, Luke 13, Mark 8, Luke 8, Luke 7, John 8, Mark 7, and Psalm 139.